KGC to Continue Bringing Kashmir Issue to Forefront
Texas USA(PR) Nov 22,2022
President Kashmir Global Council Farooq Siddiqi has said that the Kashmir Global Council will continue bringing the issue of Kashmir to the forefront in the corridors of world powers .
Congratulating the the board members in Texas Raja Muzaffar and Altaf Qadri after successful symposium on Kashmir Conflict, held under the auspices of Kashmir Global Council and South Asia Democracy Watch in Frisco Texas where Congress woman Terry Meeza was the chief guest and attended by well known Social activist Ms Beverly Hill and various political leaders academics US media including young students.
After a full day discussion, discourse and deliberation by participants on Kashmir a resolution was passed.The participants were unanimous in agreeing to work on the resolution and carry it to a wider audience in the US Government. The resolution said that;
- Kashmir Global Council and South Asia Democratic Watch encourage upholding the Human Rights of the people of Kashmir and appeal to allow the UN Human Rights Commission to verify the report compiled by the UNHRC in 2018-19.
- We pledge to support and facilitate our efforts for the peaceful resolution of the Kashmir issue in keeping with the legitimate aspirations of the people of Kashmir.
- We urge India, Pakistan, and China to accept the national sovereign rights of the people and arrange the complete withdrawal of their armies from all parts of Kashmir.
- We are seriously concerned about the ecological deterioration in the region of which Kashmir constitutes the main factor. In order To maintain and sustain the environmental balance in the area, it is crucial to withdraw 1.3 million armies and their infrastructure, contributing to a significant source of ecological and climatic changes by wanton deforestation and erosion in the Kashmir region, forming a part of the Himalayan range.
- We believe it is the responsibility of influential countries and institutions to subject both India and Pakistan responsible for the region’s deteriorating ecological and environmental conditions.
- We endorse the contention of the people of Kashmir to represent their aspirations by themselves rather than by the occupiers.
- We endorse further the demand of the people of Kashmir to end all forms of terrorism, whether by the state or by the nonstate actors in Kashmir.
- We are convinced that India and Pakistan are sponsoring communal hatred in Kashmir and dividing Kashmir within their nation.
- We urge the international community, especially the United States, to reach out to the Indian state to end the deliberate politicizing of the justice system and its discriminatory functioning.
- We support and appeal to the United States to encourage both India and Pakistan to the initiative undertaken by the Kashmir Global Council to create the Kashmir Senate representing the gross root and non-communal character of Kashmir.